Saturday, 18 September 2010

Greetings brave pilots!

Alongside Sulei’s fine tournament I would like to offer a betting service.
This whole thing is for fun, so don’t expect to get filthy rich as I will not accept big bets.

In case the bookmaker (me) shows a profit at the end of the Tournament, 33% of the proceedings will go to Sulei to cover some of the organization expenses and 33% will go to the winner. I will keep the remaining 33% for future developments of this betting business (or to buy illegal things and have fun, who knows).

I will divide the betting in 2 different markets: the “winner outright” and the “1st round head to head” markets. All details  below.

As a last note: I’ve created  the odds by mixing up in a really exotic way some Battleclinic stats.
So my disclaimer to every pilots is: don’t be upset if you believe your odds should be lower! (or higher for that matter).  I might be a bad bookie, or maybe BC is not telling the truth, or some other combination. Do not take it personal please, it is just for fun ;)


The Winner Market
There will be 2 different types of bets available for this market: the win bet and the each/way bet.
The former is pretty straightforward, you bet iskies on who you think will win Suleiman’s Assault Frig Tournament.
The odds are expressed in decimal form so that if you put down a win bet for 10 mil on a pilot who’s odds are at 7 you would get 60 mil net profit (in fractional odds that equals to a 6/1 shot)
10 * 7 = 70 (return) – 10 (original stake) = 60 profit

The each/way bet consists in a split bet: half of the stake goes to a “win bet” (see above), and the other half to  a “place bet”.
To place, a pilot must finish in the first 3 . The place bet pays 1/5 (one fifth) of the “win bet” odds.
Let’s assume we want to place an each/way bet on a pilot who’s odds are at 20. The stake is the same, 10 mil.

In case the pilot wins the tournament, the calculation will be:
5 mil win bet,  5 * 20 = 100
5 mil e/w bet, 20/ 5 = 4 * 5 = 20
total= 100 + 20 = 120 return

In case the pilot finishes 2nd or 3rd the calculation will be
5 mil win bet = lost
5 mil e/w bet, 20/ 5 = 4 * 5 = 20  return


Maximum payout for this market is around 50 mil for each bet, but it can change depending on how many bets I receive.

1st Round Head to Head  Market
In the first round of fights it is possible to bet on the single matches. You bet on the pilot you think will win and go through to the second round.

In case of a draw the bet will be void and the money completely refunded.

In case a pilot wins on the field but is disqualified at a later stage by the referee, he will be considered loser. Bets placed on the pilot that goes through to the second stage will be paid.
In case of absence of one pilot, all bets on that match will be considered void and the isks refunded.

Since this market could be more prone to game fixing, I have set only for this market a maximum stake of 10 mil for each bet. Also, like the real bookmakers, I will adjust the odds according to the bets I’m receiving. The odds will “follow” the money.
If a pilot is heavily backed I reserve the right to suspend the betting on that pilot or match altogether.

How do you place a bet?
Bet requests are to be sent to me, Causticum, via EvEmail, alongside the equivalent isk transfer, always to me.
On the evemail you should include: the market you wanna play in (winner or head to head), the type of bet in case of Winner Market, the name of the pilot you are betting on, the odds you see here at the moment you place the bet and the amount of money you want to bet.

On the isk transfer, in the description, you should include the same as above, but in a condensed format.

win for the outright winner, e/w for the each/way bet on the Winner Market and HtH for the
1st round single matches.
If not specified otherwise, bets are to be considered win bets on the Winner Market.

For example, to place a straight  win bet on the Winner Market, you would  put:
PilotName win 10mil @ 8.00

For example, to place an each/way bet on the Winner Market, you would  put:
PilotName e/w 10mil @ 8.00

For example, to place a win bet on a 1st Round Head to Head Market
PilotName HtH 10mil @ 8.00

When I accept the bet I will send a confirmation evemail back saying: "bet accepted".
If I refuse a bet, maybe because too big for my wallet, I will send a "bet refused" evemail with an explanation on why I could not accept it. I will definitely not accept bets which I cannot cover.
As Suleiman calls the first 2 contenders to the field,  all the betting markets will be closed.

All winning bets will be settled  at the end of the Tourny, and possibly a chart with all the punters in profit and the total amounts won will be posted here.

For any question convo me ingame or send me an evemail.

I hope you guys will enjoy the Tournament and some fun bets on top. 

1 comment:

  1. Your odds are wrong. For some reason you think that Golden Helmet is actually a good pilot.

    Can I bet on Helmet *losing* the first round?

    ReplyDelete